PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (T2N2) Wicketkeeper Mahendra Dhoni made a surprising announcement today – he won’t be going back to India after the cricket World Cup.
The sudden decision comes on the heels of television reports that irate fans had stoned Dhoni’s house in Ranchi after India lost to Bangladesh on Saturday.
Dhoni told T2N2 he had already applied for a house permit in Trinidad.
“This is disgusting. One loss and they do this to my house. Why should I go back to India. I will stay here”
Skipper Rahul Dravid told T2N2 he had tried his best to pacify Dhoni but the Ranchi batsman stood by his decision.
Protesters in several Indian cities burned effigies of the country’s cricket players and chanted slogans against the team after the shocking loss to Bangladesh. (T2N2)
My Other Blog
Toe Knee Unplugged